Good Day Everyone and we hope you are enjoying the Beautiful Fall Weather we have been blessed with lately! The Governing Board of the Bergen Church felt it was time for a short update and short questionnaire to make sure we are fulfilling your needs. We would really appreciate you taking the time to respond to it for everyone’s benefit.
We have been meeting for a few weeks now and done our best to work through the Suggestions from the Chief Medical Officer – Plan to Protect – and our Insurance
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes early.
- Adhere to 6ft social distancing, and please refrain from shaking hands and hugging.
- Hand sanitizer is available entering and exiting the church. Masks will be available for anyone wishing to use them. Note if you wish to sing we request you wear a mask for the protection of those around you. (This will also keep folks that are nervous or high risk a little more comfortable).
- We have moved the seating rows farther apart and would appreciate if each family group would leave an empty seat between them. We would appreciate if you would fill seats from front to back.
- Children are required to stay with their parents at all times.
- There is Children’s Church time starting and announcements regarding where and when will be made in the service. Please have only one parent taking children and leave a space in hallway as you sign in.
- The Toddler room and the Kitchen are all out of bound areas so please refrain from using or going to these areas for the time being.
- The washrooms will be open, but the hallway will be monitored by ushers and only 2 people will be allowed in the washroom at a time. We ask that there be no visiting in the hallway. Please wash your hands and reuse sanitizer following bathroom use. It is suggested that children use the washroom just before leaving home to decrease the need for washroom use while at church.
- When the service is finished we would appreciate if congregants would exit the church from rear to front in an orderly manner. We ask that once outside you respect the social distancing requirements.
- There will be no coffee or snacks served after or during services at this time.
We are sorry for such stringent rules, but we are required to follow them as set out by Government regulations and our Plan to Protect® and Insurance requirements.
COVID-19 Guidance for Places of Worship Stage 2 June 22, 2020
COVID – Guidance for Day Camps Stage 2 August 31, 2020
The Governing Board would like to thank all of our past, present, and future congregants for your support through these uncharted times
Please take a few minutes to let us know how you and your family are doing during this time of disconnection and are there ways we as a Church family could assist or help out by filling out the following questionnaire?
1. Have you and your family been able to access the online Sermons from Bergen Church? Yes or No
2. Are there any ways we could improve the Online Experience? _____________________ _
We are looking for folks that would be interested in helping out or providing technical support to enable us to keep the online presence available. This could include operating the camera, uploading the sermon online, building the Sunday morning power point etc. if it is of interest to you or is your calling, please talk to one of the board members.
3. Have you and your family been able to attend the Church services in person with the current requirements we must follow with regards to Covid 19? Yes or No
If Yes do you have any comments_____________________________________________
If No, what do you need in place to be comfortable enough to consider attending services in person again? _____________________________________________________________
4. Does the current format of the Sunday Morning service meet you and your family’s needs? ___________________________________________________________________
5. What works well and or what needs to be considered for change? _________________________________________________________________
6. Have you been challenged by the speakers/sermons over the last year? (Always, most of the time, occasionally, seldom or never) _______________________
7. Do you have any suggestions or things you would like to see in regards to speakers or sermons in the future? ____________________________________________________
8 .In light of Covid would you be interested in a small group online or in person and would you be willing to lead a group
9. How often do you check out:
Bergen online: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly or not at all Facebook: Daily, Weekly, Yearly, Monthly or not at all Website: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly or not at all
10. How do you feel the board has communicated with the Congregation over the last year? Excellent, well done, satisfactory, needs improvement or poor
11. What has the board done well?____________________
12. What things could we improve on? _________________________________________________________________
You can go online to our web site and complete this questionnaire and either email it to the office or drop it off at the church Sunday morning or at the office Tuesday and Friday’s from 10am-4pm.
We thank everyone in advance for taking the time to help us make our church the best we can and Glorify the Lord
On a final note we are extremely excited to introduce our new youth Pastor to those that haven’t heard yet Adam and his wife Meg and there 5 children have recently move to Sundre from Saskatchewan and Adam is working hard on various levels of youth ministry. They meet Friday evening and for further info on times locations etc. please visit our web site and go to the youth link.
If there are any needs, suggestions, comments or concerns that you what to chat about though out the year please feel free to contact one of the team members:
Pastor – Rob Holland – Ph: 403.672.0020
Youth Pastor – Adam Elliott – 403-438-7729
Board Chairman – Jim Bowhay 403-994-0517
Trustee – Ray Cormack 403-638-8363
Treasurer – Chris & Valerie Newton Chris-403-507-9086 Val-403-507-5205
Financial Secretary – Karl Steiner 403-637-2906
Board Clerk – Eunice McDougall 403-850-8886
Bergen Church Governing Board
Here are some ways you can continue to give to the Bergen Church
- Contact Pastor Rob and make arrangements for pick up or drop off of cheque
- Mail your cheque to Bergen Church, RR#2 Sundre, AB. T0M 1X0
- You can set up an EMT (Electronic Monthly Transfer) with our financial secretary, Karl Steiner. email him at email@example.com
- Tithes and offerings can be sent by eTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are set up for auto deposit so no password will be required.