Requirements for Stage 2 Covid 19 Church Service Opening at Bergen Missionary Church Fellowship
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes early.
- Adhere to 6ft social distancing, and please refrain from shaking hands and hugging.
- Hand sanitizer is available entering and exiting the church. Masks will be available for anyone wishing to use them. Note if you wish to sing you are required to wear a mask.
- As we are required to keep track of attendee’s, please give the usher your name to check off in the new directory or contact information if you are not in the directory upon entering the church.
- Printed bulletins will not be handed out at this time, but they will be available online and we will have them on the overhead at certain times before and throughout the service.
- There will be social distance seating using every other row with two empty seats between each family group. Seats will be filled from front to back.
- Children are required to stay with their parents at all.
- The Office hallway, the Sunday school room, the Nursery room and the Kitchen are all out of bound area’s so please refrain from using or going to these areas.
- The washrooms will be open, but the hallway will be monitored by ushers and only 2 people will be allowed in the washroom at a time. We ask that there be no visiting in the hallway. Please wash your hands and reuse sanitizer following bathroom use. It is suggested that children use the washroom just before leaving home to decrease the need for washroom use while at church.
- When the service is finished the ushers will help congregants to exit the church from rear to front in an orderly manner. You will have your coats with you and will be given time to put on boots or shoes in the front entrance. We ask that once outside you respect the social distancing requirements.
- There will be no coffee or snacks served after or during services.
We are sorry for such stringent rules, but we are required to follow them as set out by Government regulations and our Plan to Protect® and insurance requirements.
The Board of Directors of the Bergen Missionary Church would like to thank all of our past, present, and future congregants for your support. As we haven’t been able to meet in person and share updates directly, we’d like to take this opportunity to do so.
Pastor Rob has gone above and beyond in ministering to our congregation and extended community prior to but most definitely during the COVID19 pandemic. In recognition of and appreciation for his dedication to providing live online services and multiple online weekly Bible studies over the past few months, the Board has decided to give Pastor Rob some well-deserved time off this summer. We look forward to his return late August. To allow Rob a true break, we ask that if anyone has needs, concerns or questions to please contact one of the Board members.
Jim Bowhay (Chair) 403-994-0517
Karl Steiner (Financial Secretary) 403-637-2906
Ray Cormack (Trustee) 403-638-8363
Chris & Valerie Newton (Treasurers) 403-638-5220
Eunice White (Board Clerk) 403-850-8886.
Thank you to everyone who participated in our survey regarding our church reopening. We value your input and It truly does help the Board in our decision on how and when to move forward.
As a result of the survey findings, we have decided to implement a staggered approach to reopening. We will resume delivering online sermons using pulpit supply on June 28th. Commencing July 12th and continuing every other week until August 9th, we will reopen the church for congregational gathering during the service. As previously outlined in the survey, restrictions will be in place to ensure that provincial health regulations are followed.
Provided there are no changes in regards to provincial regulations, here is a summary of our timeline:
- Online services resuming on June 28th, July 5th, July 19th and August 2
- Church reopening for public services on July 12th and July 26th
- Beginning August 9th, we plan to resume weekly in person church services at Bergen Church
As mentioned, we will be using pulpit supply throughout the summer. We have also seen what a huge blessing online services are, so we will continue to offer online recordings of all services for those who are unable to attend in person.
We look forward to being able to gather together soon as a church family. What a blessing it will be to join together to give praise to God and glorify Him for His faithfulness!
Bergen Church Governing Board
Here are some ways you can continue to give to the Bergen Church
- Contact Pastor Rob and make arrangements for pick up or drop off of cheque
- Mail your cheque to Bergen Church, RR#2 Sundre, AB. T0M 1X0
- You can set up an EMT (Electronic Monthly Transfer) with our financial secretary, Karl Steiner. email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tithes and offerings can be sent by eTransfer to email@example.com
We are set up for auto deposit so no password will be required.